Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Mushroom Meatloaf

So, I thought I would share with you all another successful meal from the Entringer Kitchen. Tonight, I was wondering how to make heads or tails out of the randomness in the refrigerator. As I googled recipes, I came across this one and decided to tweak it and see what Michael thought of the end result.

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
  • 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs (You can substitute with oatmeal)
  • 1/2 cup minced onion
  • 1/2 cup ketchup (You can substitute with cream of mushroom soup)
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
 In a large mixing bowl, combine ground meat, minced mushrooms, oatmeal, onion, ketchup, eggs, and salt and pepper. Mix well. I thought that I would post how finely I minced the mushrooms and what it looks like all mixed together.


All ingredients mixed together


Minced Fresh Mushrooms
I used my new pampered chef mini loaf stoneware. It was amazing because the portion size was perfect for two people and I was able to freeze the rest after it was finished cooking. If you are using your favorite meatloaf pan the recipe could probably fill two meat loaf pans.

 Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes at 350 degrees, or until done. Using my mini loaf stoneware it was done in an hour. Internal temperature should measure 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) when done. I boiled some fresh corn on the cob and called it dinner.

If you have any recipes that you think I should try let me know. I am always up for new food ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment